Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ch-ch-changes

"Fix You"- by Coldplay
"When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse.

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
'Just what your worth'

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you
Tears stream, down on your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down your face and I...

Tears stream, down on your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down your face and I...

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you."

In church this week my friend Eric (who also is the Pastor of the church) preached about God giving us what we need when we give up what we think we need. His sermon has been running in my head ever since.

What is it in my life that I need to give up in order for God to give me what I need? I think about it this way...in order to heal, I have to cleanse the wound. The wounds in my life are very dirty from the things that I have done. As I continue to think about it, it is time to do some spring cleaning in my life. I want to change somethings in my life in order to help everything kind of come together. It is hard to explain, but it seems lately that I have been in a bit of a rut. And I think that a way out of that rut is to change one thing. With that one thing changed, I think that things will snowball and everything will come out changed.

The problem that I have is, that I am not sure what to change. Maybe I should rearrange my apartment (or clean it for that matter). Maybe change the way I spend my week? I am just not sure.

I am not sure how many people read this blog...but I do appreciate all of you who do. I could use your help. Can you faithful reader, help me by giving me advise on what I can change in my life. Has there been something that you have changed in your life, that you recommend? Please post a comment, and help a brother out.

Also, I am making a commitment to myself, and all of you that read this, that every Tuesday I will post a blog. If something inspires me, I will post more...but every Tuesday, I will at least post something new. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I enjoy writing it for you.

Until next Tuesday...

Your Eternal Bud.

4 comments:

lani said...

i love rearranging stuff, just ask chris! unfortunatly our house doesnt have alot of room, so things have to be where they are most of the time. anyway, in answer to your question, one thing i am changing (pretty much on a daily basis) that made an impact in my life is learning how to give up control and let things happen as they happen.

LHD said...

what would be one thing to detox your body that you could use or do to cleanse it physically, emotionally, spiritually? you know like when they clean a wound or prep you for surgery, your sterile to start fresh so your wound can heal properly. hmmm...i will have to think for myself too. it's a great way to think.

Karisse said...

The first thing that came to mind was Isaiah 58. I've been a bit haunted by that passage. It basically talks about how we come to God and try to do all the right stuff and ask Him to heal us, come near to us etc and are frustrated when He doesn't seem to. God responds by saying: loose the chains of injustice, untie the chord of the yoke, set the oppressed free, share your food with the hungry, clothe the naked....THEN your light will break forth and your healing will quickly appear, the Lord will guide you always...Me and my friends have been talking about this verse and take from it that the goal is to take our eyes off our navel so to speak...meet the needs of others and in meeting the needs of others, helping those who can't help themselves, God meets our needs. Just a thought. I'm no Bible scholar and that might not be at all what this passage is saying, but that's what I'm learning from it right now.

Eternal Bud's Eternal Blog said...

I appreciate the comments all of you...I have not decided what I am going to do yet...but it is helping me to think about what to do. Karisse, you have really made me think...would love to talk to you more about it sometime.

And I am glad you ladies are still reading this...makes me feel good.