Sunday, June 15, 2008

Road Blocks

Sorry, it has been SO LONG since I blogged last. I had a bit of a road block...a set back last week, in my quest to take care of myself better. After 7 straight weeks of losing weight, I gained .6 pounds. That is right, not six pounds, but POINT six pound...not even a full pound. Well I stressed. I was afraid to face all of you, and tell you what has happened. To face each of you who have been supporting me, and caring about me, and rooting me on...I hated the fact I even gained an ounce. What was worst was that, I did not deserve that .6 of a pound. I worked out, I ate pretty well...there was not way I should have gained.

Now, if you said the week before that I gained something, I would have believed that. I worked out, but I ate HORRIBLY. I still lost 3 pounds. So needless to say I did not get last week. It really hit hard on me. i only told a handful of people. It really stunk.

I want to say that my depression lasted almost the whole week. It probably lasted until yesterday, my next weigh in day. I ended up losing 3 pounds this week. It was a good three pounds...I felt very pleased with it. But this is a new week, and it is time for hard work to get the next 3 off.

2 comments:

lani said...

i hope they have told you about plateauing (or however you spell it!) as you continue to lose weight. there will be times when you work your butt of with no mercy from the scale. your body has to adjust itself to the weightloss. if you loose it too fast then your body will go into hibernation mode, not knowing when it will be fed next, and hold onto the weight instead of shedding it. so sometimes there may go a week without any numerical change on the scale, or even a gain, but DON'T PANIC!!! its at these times you just gotta keep plugging along and it will all even out. have you noticed any change in your clothing sizes? sometimes you may loose more inches than pounds (thats how it always happened to me)you are doing an AWESOME job Chris, I am so proud of you!!!

Laura Williams said...

SWEET!!! good for you, losing three this week - way to comeback this week. THATS what i am focusing on my friend!!!!