Saturday, August 23, 2008

Thank You!

"Now we say
I said I thank you
I'll always thank you
More than you could know
Than i could ever show
And I love you
I'll always love you
There's nothing i won't do to say these words to you
That you're beautiful forever" -Good Charlotte

As almost all of you know, we had a little storm called Fay occur over the course of the past few days. Fay which is latin for storm that pours WAY too much water over the state of Florida. The winds were pretty crazy too. I saw trees almost sideways, I saw trees down. I saw electric lines down. I had friends send me pics of the flooding that was occuring in their necks of the woods. It was quite incredible the pics that came from my friend Lauren's house (flooded streets and yard), and from my friend Brian in St. Augustine, which was really trying to join the City of Atlantis.

But my time spent with Fay was pretty tame. Besides working though part of it, I did not have any issues with Fay. I was invited by another set of amazing friends Eric, Laura and Bryce to ride out the storm at their place. We did not have any power issues, cable issues, or weather issues. Just a lot of rain, a lot of wind, and some good conversations. I must say that besides being very concerned for some of my friends, that it was the most enjoyable storm I experienced.

So I wanted to take this time to say thank you to Laura, Eric, and Bryce for crashing their house for a few days. That was awfully kind of you. It was a complete blessing to ride out the storm not being alone.

I also wanted to say thank you to a few people who checked in with me to make sure that I was ok through the storm. Lauren, even though your house was underwater (almost) you still called to make sure I was ok. Brian, thanks for checking in with me even though your city was underwater. Big thanks to my little sis Melissa for continually texting me and asking how I am. Thank you to Kerry for the im's, Kim for the email, John for the call, and of course my family.

My prayers are with the ones that are still suffering through this horrible storm. My praise of thanksgivings are for all the dear ones out there that cared enough to be concerned about me the pas few days! THANK YOU!

Your Eternal Bud!

3 comments:

lani said...

3 cheers for Laura :) so glad you were safe and sound and having fun despite the storm!

LHD said...

you're welcome :)

Laura Williams said...

awwww, thanks pal. it was lovely having you here :)