Sunday, April 13, 2008

Hi My Name is Chris and I Weighed 433 Pounds

Yep, that is right. I have let myself go so much, that I now weigh the most that I have ever weighed in my life. Am, I scared...you better believe it. Am I disappointed in myself? Yeah, I am. Was I depressed beyond all get out last week? Very much so. But, I want to do something about it now. I cannot live like this one minute longer.

First thing I need to do is triage. I started Weight Watchers last Saturday. All of last week, I did not have one caloric beverage. I stuck to my WW food plan. I ate healthy food. I took care of myself, except exercising. Yesterday, I weighed in, and I weighed in at 426 pounds...7.4 pound loss. I am pumped up! I need to keep on this role. I even tried salmon last night (did not like it...but it was cooked great).

I am going to keep fighting this...this is my seventh go around with Weight Watchers...my umpteeth time at trying to take care of myself. Is this time going to be different? I am not sure...only time will tell. The only thing I can is keep fighting. I can't surrender. I have been doing it too long.


To be continued...

3 comments:

The Road Runner said...

It's hard to do alone! Are you still attending the support group? I'm sure they can help keep you accountable...

Lani has really struggled with her weight loss. I feel that I've not been as supportive as I could have been. But now that she's pregnant (two months left! OMG!) I've had to hold her to the higher standards! She's considered high risk so a number of things could jeopardize the health (and even the life) of both herself and our daughter...

I dunno, but Christ came for our redemption, not for a guilt trip. Perhaps you could think of it as something you're doing for good as opposed to doing it because you should?

We love you for who you are man, but we'd also like to see you healthy. Stick with it dude! Hang in there!

Laura Williams said...

you CAN do this!!!! one little step at a time, and one little choice at a time!! come on over for dinner, and i'll make you a big old plate of brocoli

and sorry to change the subject, but OMG Lani's pregnant!!??? SO Exciting!! :)

The Road Runner said...

Heh heh, imagine how that happened!

Haven't you been to her blog?
Now we can bore you with all our baby pictures!

But broccoli? Too much and that stuff gives me gas! Gotta go with the mixed vegetables! Variety is the spice of life :)