Sunday, March 18, 2007

A Lot of Informercials

Since I got the new position, I have been considering getting cable back. Yes, for over a year and a half, I have not had cable television...I have had to deal with rabbit ears, and bad reception for the longest time. It is bad...I have not seen a show cleanly except for when I have been over at friends houses. But I was thinking, it is time for cable again.

Well, I just house sat over at a friends house, with full cable television...and you know what I have noticed. There is a whole lot of informercials out there for just about anything, and everything you can possible think of. Make-up, exercise equipment, exercise programs, blenders, books...basically you name it, and it is out there in infomercial land. And the funny part is, it is the same 5 0r 6 commercials...over and over and over again! Almost makes me want to pull my hair out.

The one infomercial/commercial that cracks me up more than most is the local commercial, "The Slasher Show"...this show is a rather loud guy shouting at the camera about cutting deals for used cars. It is a funny commercial, because they are SERIOUS...it is really unreal. And my man is always on TV. And on every kind of channel you can think of. It reminds me of one of the opening scenes in the move "City Slickers"...Billy Crystal is getting yelled out by his boss about buying bad commercials...and he is reminding Billy of how they use to buy smart ads, but he is not buying it anymore...makes me think the same about who is buying this JUNK! But some body is, and it is ending up on my TV...sigh.

Well where does cable come about with all of this...I thought cable would be the answer to all my problems...but it is NOT...the sam infomercials are on...just on more channels. Needless to say, I was pretty depressed. I am not sure what I am going to do...but infomercials must go down, and they must go down hard!

Who is with me?? Death to all infomercials!

Untils next time!

Chris (Your Eternal Bud)

1 comment:

Laura Williams said...

Our personal favorite is the husband and wife who sell appliances . . .appliance direct i think? You know, that guy who says "WACKY NOONY"!!!! (whatever the heck THAT means!)