Thursday, January 10, 2008

New Attitude

It is funny...I was planning to write another sad written blog...I mean, I was in the right attitude to be sad. Things, still have not changed, still overweight...still not happy...still not sure what to do with my life. But it is amazing what happens. It is amazing when things change.

Today things changed with a phone call. My friend James called. After years of trying to get pregnant, and then over a year in the adoption process, they got a call. A baby. A baby boy. And the baby is theirs. In a moment call, they have a baby. After so many years, and so much heartache, they have the baby that they want.

How amazing is that? A moment within a call, and their lives will change.

For me, the moment that James called me to tell me the great news, it changed the attitude in me. I want to fight. I want to fight for me. I need to fight for me.

I am not sure yet how I am going to fight...but I need to prep for this fight. I need to find my relationship with Christ again. That is my first goal. My next goal is to start doing things to take care of myself. As I get to know more, I will talk about it.

So a moment changes two things. Congratulations James and Jenni and Baby Boy Neal!

1 comment:

lani said...

chris told me you were back in bloggersville, so good to hear whats going on with you these days! you are definatly not alone buddy. and hey, you gotta hang in there because who else is gonna teach my kid (i'm due end of June) how to slide his/her backback around the shoulders and arms like only the Eternal Bud can do? :) hang in there Chris, we are all here for you!!