Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sitting Around watching TV waiting for Clothes to Dry

I am turning the channels on my TV, and what do I see. A show called "The Moment of Truth". This show is like a car accident on the side of the road. The premise of the show is that a person is strapped in to a lie detector, and by telling the truth to really embarassing questions, they win money. And when I say embarassing question...I mean they are brutal. One of the questions was, "Have you ever thought that anohter woman was prettier than your wife?" And the guys wife was right there watching.

I mean what the heck. Is there where we are at in life? Look honesty is fine...I am all for it. But this is craziness. I am so speechless as to what to say about this show. I will say, that it is terrible, and I cannot believe I watched it as long as I did. I so have to wash my brain out with soap!

Now if the Writer's Strike was not going on, we would still have these awful shows where we try to embarrass our fellow man. Why do we have shows that try to bring us down, and not build us up? We need shows that will support us as the human race, and teach us to accept one another better. And not try to prophet on another person's embarrassment. I think i should have just turned off the TV, and read a book.

Tomorrow, I will post how I am doing, and what is going on with me...

4 comments:

The Road Runner said...

I felt the same way watching the opening part of the American Idol season(s). Naturally, it's all my wife's fault since she drags me kicking and screaming away from your blog to make me watch it!

On the other hand, I'm starting to think that other than sports and video games, what good is there in watching TV?

Except maybe Heros. Or House. Or...





Tongue firmly planted in cheek!
Chris

Laura Williams said...

i didn't watch it, and i was sort of afraid i would get sucked in if i DID!!!! :) hey - email me, because i have managed to lose your current home email addy AGAIN. what the heck is wrong with me!!!!??? :)

Eternal Bud's Eternal Blog said...

There are actually some decent shows that are out there. We have Lost, Chuck, 24, and How I Met Your Mother are some of my favorites.

Although we have lost some really good shows over the past few years. Stupid reality shows!

lani said...

well, i have to say that i have no sympathy for these people that are on that show or ones like it. i figure they voluntairly put themselves out there for the world to watch. they know what they are getting into. so if its embarassing or whatever, then thats their problem for signing up in the first place.
oh well, my .02 worth