Saturday, May 19, 2007

Week In Review ending 05/19/07

I sit here at my computer with Empire Strikes Back in the background, and I start to think about the week at hand. I was thinking that maybe telling everyone out there about the highlights might be something you out there in cyberspace want to read about…and if not ignore it and wait for my next posting…

The Week in Review

Best Movie I Saw this Week: “Good Will Hunting” This movie was on regular TV today, and I just sat back and enjoyed it without the bad words. And you know something, it still works. The bad words were never needed. The movie is well done from the fine script to the great acting. Robin Williams, won the Supporting Actor Oscar that year, his only one. A young Matt Damon and Ben Afflack won the Best Original Screenplay Oscars as well. If it was not for a little movie called “Titanic”, it probably would have won Best Film. I think it should have…
Also saw: “Shrek the Third” and the aforementioned “Empire Strikes Back”

Best on TV: Gilmore Girls series finale. Well done in every way. They closed the book in style. It reminded me of the old writing that was not there this season. It was a nice send off to a good show.
Also good: “How I Met Your Mother”, “Smallville” was fantastic, “Grey’s Anatomy” and “24”.

This Week in Music: Nothing really notable to discuss. No new albums bought or borrowed. Will try to do better next week.

What I Read: Rereading “Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets”. Nothing Biblically, and that saddens me to have to admit that. I will remedy that by next week’s post.

Notables

On Monday, my volleyball team Catch, Carry, Throw won our second game in a row, moving us up to the second seed in our league, which means we get a bye in the first round of the tournament on this Monday.


My friends Amanda and David gave birth to a beautiful little girl, Rebecca Lee on Monday. She and mom are healthy, and the baby’s measurements are 7.4 pounds and 20.5 inches.


On Thursday went to doctor. Everything is good. Just the wait to see the doctor was bad.
Was given my first big assignment this week under my new boss. It was due on Friday, and I think it went really well. I was tired at the end of the week…but happy.


Nothing new on the weight front…will keep you posted when I start working on it again.
Head doctors…got to love them. Sigh.


Nothing new on a relationship front. Going to start a single’s class in a few weeks when I am done traveling the next few weekends.


Memorial Day weekend, I am going to NC with my Uncle, Aunt, and cousin. Doing a memorial service for my Grandmother up there. Mom and Zan will go up later this year to do their own.


First weekend in June is my friend Paul’s bachelor weekend…so going to Orlando to play some golf. It should be fun.


Weekend after that, I just got invited back to the big O (Orlando) to attend my friend Mel Mel’s send off to Brazil. I am hoping to be there…will be a money decision. I want to be there.


Family is doing well. Dad advised to us, that he is in need of possible knee surgery. Will be waiting to hear more.

I think that is all for now…until next time…peace out and Word Yo!

No comments: